1. by thy name— (Ps 5:11), specially, power.judge me—as in Ps 7:8; 26:1.
2. (Compare Ps 4:1; 5:1).
3. strangers—perhaps Ziphites.oppressors—literally, "terrible ones" (Isa 13:11; 25:3). Such were Saul and his army. not set . . . them—acted as atheists, without God's fear (compare Ps 16:8).
4. (Compare Ps 30:10).with them—on their side, and for me (compare Ps 46:11).
6. I will freely, &c.—or, present a freewill offering (Le 7:16; Nu 15:3).
7. mine eye . . . desire—(compare Ps 59:10; 112:8), expresses satisfaction in beholding the overthrow of his enemies as those of God, without implying any selfish or unholy feeling (compare Ps 52:6, 7).
Welcome to STEP Bible
From Tyndale House, Cambridge UK
Use the search box to find Bibles, commentaries, passages, search terms, etc. Here are some examples:
Examples to use the search box to find Bibles, passages, search terms, etc.-
Examples of some Bible study tools +
KJVCol 3 Color code grammar
Examples to enable color code grammar +
KJVEph 1 Color code grammar